Alocrom 1200 FEATURES:
Alocrom is a powdered chemical which when dissolved in water. Will form a iridescent golden, protective chromate coating of 0.3 – 2.0 gm/m2 on clean, oxide free aluminium and aluminium alloy surfaces. Alocrom 1200 is usually used by dip. Alocrom (also known as Iridite) is approved to DEF STAN 03-18 and DTD 900/4413A in the UK; as Alodine 1200 it is approved to U.S. MIL-C-5541 and by all major aircraft manufacturers.
Alocrom 1200 BENEFITS:
- A rapid non-electrolytic, chromate conversion treatment.
- Excellent corrosion protection with or without paint.
- Excellent paint and powder adhesion allowing metal deformation after painting.
- Alocrom operates at ambient temperatures without heating costs.
- A powder product for economy in use.
- The coating has low electrical resistance (less than 5K micro-ohms/in2).
- Alocrom Is preferred for difficult high-silicon pressure die-casting after careful cleaning.